Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tour De Fleece 2010

Tour De Fleece is an event for spinners that takes place in conjunction with the Tour De France. I bought my spinning wheel just before it started last year and spun up a storm. Here's just a bit of what I'm spinning up this year.

Starting in top left corner (and working clockwise):
1) Dicentra Designs hand-dyed tussah silk spun on my Spindlewood drop spindle
2) Finishing up my Tempe Yarn & Fiber - Expressions in Spinning called "Tucson Wildflowers", which was spun thick and thin
3) 50/50 camel/silk spun on my Avi Wasserman drop spindle
4) 4 ounces of fiber purchased at Black Sheep Gathering - I need to look up the details


Over the past weekend, the TYF retreat occurred. This is a fun time to hang with fiber friends all weekend. I made some yarn that I called "Dangling Carrot". I carded up some batts, made strips of fabric and secured the yarn with sewing thread. Thanks to my fiber friends for helping to make this project possible. This yarn was intended for Sam, but I had said that she only gets it if she knits up all the other handspun she has. I think she will probably be getting it sooner than that.


I'm also spinning up some of this BFL/Silk hand-dyed by Dicentra Designs. I'm doing a 2-ply of 8+ ounces. I haven't taken recent photos, but here is a photo of the before.

No comments:

Post a Comment