Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Knitting Bag Gluttony

I had a post up for a day or so about a knitting bag that I had recently purchased. I have been drooling over the OHD (Offhand Designs) bags for some time. When I posted, I showcased this Zhivago bag in Madeline.

The Zhivago bags are great because you can store so much knitting in them and they have a lot of wonderful pockets. Then, I found a woman on Ravelry who was willing to sell her Zhivago bag in this stunning Rumpelstiltskin fabric. I was so torn. It's impossible to find anything made in this fabric since all of the OHD bags are special edition and limited. I felt a little trivial feeling so conflicted over fabric, but I'm probably not getting another OHD bag anytime soon. I decided to go with the Zhivago in Rumpelstiltskin and canceled my Madeline order. Here are some photos by Jola, the woman I bought the bag from.





She (Jola) really loves the rumpelstiltskin fabric and went through a lot to find this bag. She has a couple of different styles in the fabric. She did such an incredible job communicating with me. It's hard to describe something to someone that can only experience it via photography on a computer screen. I am really looking forward to receiving it from her. Here's a picture of Jola with her dog, Lefty, in a gorgeous sweater that she knit.


I believe that material objects contain energy. Energy of people that have made and designed them, energy of people that have loved them, energy from the materials (think of people that grew the plants to weave the fabric), etc. I think this bag has incredible energy and I haven't even gotten it yet. I feel really lucky. Some would say I'm silly (like my husband), after all, in his mind it is just a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment